Wednesday, February 20, 2013

School and RiverGlass Creations

January is gone and February is flying by. Before you know it spring will be in the air.

In the Lawlor home things have been busy as always. Both girls have been working independently with their studies. After the trials and errors of the past few months with my youngest daughter, I decided to let her work more on her own. I make sure to touch base with her on every subject each morning to see if she wants help before she gives it a go. Today, for example, I went down her subject list to make sure she understood all that she needed to finish and asked if she wanted me to go over anything with her. She replied she would do it by herself and went to work. Once she began her math assignment, she worked at it for about 15 minutes and then came to me and asked if I would explain what she was learning. I reviewed it briefly and had her do a sample problem then she went and finished the rest. Most days she is able to learn it without my explaining. While I am very proud of her progress and ability to start to be more independent there is also a sadness in it that causes me to realize that she has grown up that much more.
Isn't it so like us to push the first as we are anxious to see what the next thing is going to be like, and with the youngest we want to hold them back and keep them young, knowing that we will never have that time again.

Well, with this new found freedom I have, I am able to stay on top of grading their work as well as putting more time into RiverGlass Creations. I have been very busy promoting and making jewelry and have had a few sales already this year. We have been updating our webpage, which I encourage you to check out: www.riverglasscreations.com

I have added ribbon necklace to our line-up and am excited to continue expanding our product line to include men's necklaces and gifts also. I am mostly in the brainstorming phase at the moment and would love any feedback others may have about men's gifts. Other than key chains and paper weights I am drawing a blank. 
In the future I am hoping to work on bracelets and rings as well.


There is so much more to share but that will have to wait for another post. Until then........

........the adventure continues.

No comments:

Post a Comment